Thursday, November 26, 2009

Internet Connection - It’s Like Pulling Teeth

Internet Connection - It’s Like Pulling Teeth

As a follow up to previous posts Solución? Extracción and Just One of Those Ridiculous Little Technology Things, I thought I’d let you know what happened with my tooth and the internet. Let’s put it this way, having my wisdom tooth pulled was painless in comparison to the internet.

It actually took longer getting the shots of novocaine than having the tooth pulled. The oral surgery itself was painless. The dentist is a star. The recuperation was not very difficult either. It helped having Yoyi cook, clean, and generally make sure I was okay during my recovery. A week and a half later I feel like I’m back to my normal mouth. Gracias a Dios.

I do have an internet connection again, but only after repaying my 82,000 pesos ($45), which I had “lost” (Read: Comcel pocketed the money after changing their policies). Sadly, my North American colleagues, Kären and Dave have also “lost” their 82,000 pesos as well. Everyone knows it’s crazy, but there doesn’t seem to be anything that can be done. Sometimes I guess that’s just the way things go.

No comments:

Post a Comment