Saturday, April 24, 2010

Spellinfg

Spellinfg

Spelling is one thing that remarkably my entire class of English as a Second Language students here in Colombia is good at. I have been consistently impressed by the quality of spelling I've seen from my students here, much more so than in the United States.

Another thing my school does well is make huge colorful posters that are hung all over the school. They are always done professionally, and I shutter to think what they all must cost.

The school decided to have its first ever spelling bee. Because I am one of only 3 North American teachers in the school, and I teach English, I was chosen to be the announcer for this event. Besides the loud audience, I'd say it was a rather successful spelling bee. I would imagine they will do it again next year.

Oh, but there was one little thing...





... Always remember to spell check your final draft.

No comments:

Post a Comment